About the FFAA
From its roots as a research organization, the Florida Fertilizer & Agrichemical Association has branched out to represent its fertilizer, limestone, crop protection, and ag biotech member companies professionally in the legislative, regulatory and public opinion arenas. FFAA’s main objectives today - To promote the responsible use of plant protection and nutrient products in Florida. - echoes the very concerns that drove the creation of the association when it was founded as the Florida Agricultural Research Institute. Read more…
2014 Winter Business Meeting
Please reserve your room now by calling 800-632-6262 and asking for the Florida Fertilizer & Agrichemical Association's group rate of $111.
Increasing the security of the Nation’s chemical facilities is a priority for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). FFAA encourages its members to review this CFATS fact sheet. Thank you for all you do to keep our communities safe and our growers growing.
JH BIOTECH, INC. has been manufacturing agricultural and animal products since 1987. Included among its plant products is a line certified for organic farming.
JH Biotech, Inc. recently opened its Florida operation and is looking for a local Sales Representative. This position works directly with distributors to sell agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, and biological products. The salesman will plan and implement sales and marketing plans for the assigned territory.
- Position requires a B.S. degree in an agricultural related field such as agronomy, soil science, crop production, ag business, or horticulture.
- Must be knowledgeable in vegetable, fruit, nut, and cotton crops plus have experience working in a farm environment.
- Candidate must be able to stay 2-8 nights away from home per month.
- Bilingual is helpful, but not required.
Position pays salary in addition to commissions. Prefer candidates living in Florida or Georgia.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
JH Biotech, Inc.
Human Resources Department
Fax: (805) 650-8942.
Mail address: P.O. Box 3538, Ventura, CA 93006.
The Fort Pierce, FL Fertilizer Plant of Helena Chemical Company, a national agricultural chemical company, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Manager.
- Trade School Certification or equivalent and five years related experience in a production plant or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
- Advanced knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, print reading and other general mechanical equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical schematics.
- Employee may be required to pass OSHA respirator physical.
- Assumes responsibility for all maintenance activities.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Directs activity on utility systems to provide continuous supply of electrical service, air, or other services required for plant operations.
- Plans and supervises installation of new equipment/tanks, etc.
- Maintains all equipment related to production of fertilizer blends (dry and liquid).
- Maintains proper records of maintenance on assigned equipment and maintains any required OSHA equipment records.
- Directs continuous on-the-job training of employees to improve work performance.
- Develops and manages detailed maintenance plans for plant to ensure continuous and efficient operation.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance schedule.
- Develops budgets for replacement equipment and repairs.
Resumes submitted without a salary requirement will not be considered.
Fax to 772-465-5616 or email email@example.com
Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check are required.
No phone calls, please.
Helena Chemical Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Helena Chemical via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Helena Chemical. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Helena Chemical, as a result of the referral or through other means.